Quality is a way of life
Department of Laboratory Medicine
- For any blood investigations you can visit any of our centre.
- Whole excercise will take 10-15 mins.
- Patient under medication should continue taking the same while undergoing the test, unless or otherwise specified by your doctor.
- Majority of investigations are done in random state (time specification not required). Some tests have specific timings :-
- Fasting (Overnight fasting of 8-10 hours) – Fasting blood sugar and Lipid profile.
- Post Prandial (between 11/2-2 hours after food intake) – Post Prandial Blood Sugar.
- Fixed Interval of time – serum cortisol (2 samples 8 a.m. & 4 p.m.)
- Midnight sample for microfilaria.
- Triple Screen test which gives best assessment for some of the major birth defects are best done between 15 – 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Department of Imaging
- Ultrasound studies typically last between 30 – 45 mins depending on the type of study. (Our staff will inform about the time required during billing)
- Some of the scans like pelvic and early pregnancy require full bladder and the patient should have urge to pass urine.
- Ultrasound is the safest investigation – pregnant women need not be apprehensive of the same.
- Most of the disease of abdominopelvic organs are diagnosed by ultrasound studies. Also many diseases of thyroid, scrotum and breast can be conveniently diagonsed. In new born and infant even the brain can be scanned through the normal gap in the skull bone.
- Ultrasound scan is the only effective way to study the growing baby inside a mother, through specialized scan (like TIFFA, biophysical profile) which can make out the morphological abnormalities and congenital disease.
- We are one of its kind centre to do foetal echo to rule out foetal cardiac anomalies.